Monday, May 14, 2012

strange monday!

Today's round was interesting. I had some great shots and some shots that would've made the Not Top 10 list. Overall I think I've made progress in the game. Shot an 84. 7 over in the front and in the back.

The front didn't start out good at all. First tee shot went long in the fairway bunker. I've been having trouble hitting out of the fairway bunkers recently. For some reason I can't hit the ball without digging deep into the bunker. And then to make matters worst, I bogey putt lipped out. My par putt on the second hole also lipped out. It was a par 3 and I three putted. That's how the first 4 holes started out.

My ball striking was good today. My driver gave me a big surprise on the 8th hole when my tee shot was pushed way right, almost landing in the 18th fairway, only to be plugged on an uphill slope lie. Got away with a bogey. Finished the 9th with a par, so it started bad and ended good. Seem like the joke of the day.

The 10th hole was cruel to me again today. My drive found the left rough again for the 4th time in a row. It was plugged in a divot or something I couldn't get the club on the ball, only enough to advance it about 60 yards. Either way I was laying up. Then my second shot almost found water but still same result. A double bogey. I didn't do better the next hole. The 11th is my nemesis. Another poor shot with my 3-iron, way right, finding the woods. Tried to hack it out only to get into more shrubs and shit. Hacked that out to find the green-side bunker. Easy bunker shot that turned into a triple bogey. Totally picked my head up and dug up more sand than ball.

After those 2 starting holes that put me 5-over for the back 9, I turned it around. Went on to par 12th, 13th, 14th, 3-putted 15th Par 3 for bogey, bogey the difficult Par 5 16th, and par the last 2 holes. Overall I was disappointed in my round. 2 or 3 mistakes that I could've avoided to probably break 80 again today.

Tomorrow I'll probably only have time for 9 holes, so I'll try to play the back 9. If I can reduce the mistakes on 10, 11, and 16, I should be able to break 40 on the back. Hopefully I can at least give it a scare and go for a really low round Thursday or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment