Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hard work pays off!

The saying is true, "Practice makes perfect". Well my game wasn't perfect today but it was a big improvement. The new swing tweaked worked pretty well. Lost some distance on the irons but i was more accurate. I hit 5 greens on the back nine and 4 on the front. That was a big improvement because I hit only 3 greens total yesterday.

A far view from the 4th Hole, Par 3, a bogey here is considered a good score.
Made a couple of real good putts. Not many 3-putts today. I did 3-putt a birdie attempt, on a Par-5 that I was 20 feet away. It was hard to get over considering I hit 3 good shots to get on and then 3-putted. But I made amends by birdieing the next hole. Hit my approach within 10 feet and sunk the putt. It felt great. I played the back nine 8-over, that includes a 5-over on a Par 4.

5-over on a Par 4 is so hard to do but I managed to make it look easy. Two out-of-bound of the tee. Fifth shot lay-up, 6th shot came up short of the green, 7th shot put the ball 10 feet pass, and 2-putted from there. How depressing was that.

Another wild turkey, it was lying on the ground, I thought it was dead.
Was thinking turkey sandwich for the week.
I got over it quick, Ed hit his drive down the middle of the fairway but duffed his second into the woods and took 3 shots to get on and got a 7 for the hole, so it really didn't hurt our match, just my pride.

Today my driver was not behaving. Yesterday I was crushing it on the fairways every drive, today, it was a different story. Its a good thing I only use it on 4 holes. Today I was more focused on my irons and putter than anything. I didn't let the bad drives ruined my mood or my strategy. I kept poking along with my irons and was pretty satisfied

I work the next few days, so I won't be able to work on my game. But I will keep an eye on this week's PGATOUR event, RBC Heritage. Hopefully it will be an entertaining one.


Hit em' long and straight! 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment