Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hard lesson learned.

Today was a day to remember. Nothing good to remember, mostly disappointment and frustration. Played the worst round of the year. I didn't have any double bogeys and and no triple. Yes no double bogeys and no triple. I had 2 yes people 2 QUADRUPLE bogeys.
That's my playing partner Ed. 

I had 6 or 7, 4-footers for Par and couldn't hole the putts. It's been really frustrating this week for my putter. Its  the only club in my bag I trust the most and this week it is definitely letting me down. Doesn't matter how well I putt or how i read the line, it does not want to go in. I played with my old playing partners, Ed. His putts weren't going in as well but the last several holes, the ball did find the bottom of the cup. Unlike mine, he felt like there was an opposite magnet in the cup that kept pushing my ball away.

So after the round I decided its time to practice and maybe change something in my putting routine or the grip or something. Just a small change to ease the frustration. Another frustrating part of my game recently has been my chipping. I brought it up on yesterday's post and really focused on my chipping but couldn't pulled it off. For some reason I don't have confidence in my chipping. Just feel like I JUST want to get on the green and be satisfied. Tomorrow will be different!

So afterwards I went to the range and hit some range balls I had found during my round. Found out something unique about my swing. I was watching another guy hit his irons and realized I was doing the same. I was coming over my ball resulting in a hook or topping the ball.

I didn't really complain much about it because I didn't expect to hit greens all the time. I would top the ball or chunk it on every 5 or 6 iron shot. Thought it was okay for someone with my skills. Apparently I figured it out. Hopefully it will work out tomorrow when I try out the new swing.

So looking forward to tomorrow to see if my chipping and putting practice paid off. Will implement the new swing change and see if it will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment