Thursday, April 26, 2012

Back from a long break

Finally back from a long break from playing at Nonesuch. I played a couple of rounds at the South Portland Municipal Golf Course. Today was a good day overall. Felt great contact and feel for the new swing change.

Front nine was more pleasant than I asked for. I had 3 lip-outs that cost me 2 birdies and a par.  Finish front nine with a tap in par after another lip-out for birdie. My new swing, apparently, is not so forgiving with the long irons. Had a lot of trouble with direction and aiming with the long irons. A lot of movement from left to right. It doesn't feel like a slice at impact, more of a power fade. I don't think its a slice because I'm getting the distance just not the direction of flight. It's something I will work on to figure out before a big match. A big match is looming ahead on Sunday if I don't work. Hopefully I don't work.

The back nine was a different story. I started out really solid. Par 5, 10th hole, I had a ridiculous drive thanks to the wind behind me. I was about 175 yards away for my second shot. Went for it with the 7-Iron figuring the wind will help the ball out, I just came up about 10 yards shy of the green. Chipped within 5 feet and made the putt. Made it look easy until I bogeyed the next hole after a bad tee shot.

The first double bogey I had was the start of a big problem. I went birdie, bogey, par, double, double, par, double, bogey, and bogey to finish off the back nine. Each bad hole started out with a bad tee shot. My recovery and scrambling was decent today. I didn't struggle with anything else besides my tee shots. Putting was really good. I hit the hole almost on every putt. I told myself not to leave anything short. I knew I was playing good, I really didn't want to ruin an opportunity break 80 after shooting 39 on the front nine.

front nine- 39
back nine- 44
total - 83

Not bad after almost 2 weeks off from the game. I don't think I can go another 2 weeks without it. It really messes up my timing and rhythm. Well until next time. Have a good day!

I'll do recap of the Zurich Classic sometime later tonight. It's still going on right now. Watching Luke Donald try to reclaim the #1 spot in the world from some ass named Rory.

No comments:

Post a Comment