Friday, April 6, 2012

The Wrap Up and Masters Rant!

So dentist appointment was weird. After the Doctor drilled my tooth, he said the clinical view was different from the x-ray view. Basically, from what I heard from his discussion with the assistant, they made a mistake and it costed me $195. But on the bright side I got to golf at Muni today, first time out there this year.

I feel like this week was a big improvement from last week. My ball striking was pretty good. Directional wise, I'm pretty stubborn, always trying to go against the wind. Today I played with the wind, not as strong as the days before, but good results. Had several putts that lipped out and cost me 3 birdies and 5 pars. Shot a pretty good round of 40 and 38. The course is a Par 33. I played with my golf buddy, Ethan. He was his average self. Hits it short and straight. His putting is off but his short game is definitely solid usual.


That's Ethan practicing his swing.
It paid off cause he put the ball on. 2nd Hole Par 3

That's our foursome bags.
Looking at the uphill 2nd Hole Par 3

My ball is the right one, towards the front of the green. The other guy hit his best shot of the round.  Only par he had  too. I missed my birdie putt cause I read the line wrong and it lipped out.
So on with the Masters rant! So came home after the Muni and watched some Masters action. Phil Mickelson was finishing up. Have to admit I am cheering him on this week. The guy's an all around good person and player. His game is pretty consistent this year. The birdie putt on 18, 2nd round and 1st round, was pretty cool. His interaction with the fans makes him a very likable person.

Tiger Woods on the other hand was a completely different story. I'm definitely cheering him on so he can talk smack about Rory McIlroy (p.s. I don't like him) if he wins, BIG IF! Fred Couples is a big crowd favorite. Can't help but to cheer  the old guy on. He's out playing the young guns.

The reason I consider this a rant is because Tiger Woods is sucking it right now. All the talk about how he has played this course for the last 18 years and blah blah blah. If he knows the course so well, why "god dammit, Tiger," did he putt so poorly. Seriously you've won 14 majors and you missed how many short putts in the 2nd round? I just hope he turns it around and at least be in contention on the last day. Don't fall too far behind cause then on Sunday the red shirt might as well be tied to the pins cause everyone's going for it.

I'll be back Sunday. Have a great weekend and hit em' straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment