Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What's in my bag?

When you write about golf or your love of the game, it's always good to bring what you have to the table. My bag is pretty simple.


Irons- Titleist 710 CB 3-PW. My wife bought these used for my birthday last year. I started with some new starter set by wilson. It was decent until I started to hit the ball well and I searched for a game improvement irons. 


A friend of my brother-in-law was selling some TaylorMade RAC LT 3-PW. For $150, I thought it was a  great deal. I didn't want to invest too much since my game was improving at a fast pace. Figured if I started to hit these irons well, I will have to invest again in a better set. I used this set for  a summer and I started to look for another set. 


June of 2011, my wife purchase the Titleist 710 CB. Probably the best birthday present a golf could ask for. When I took them out for the first round, it felt great. My swing and the clubs meshed perfectly. At first I thought there was no way I was going to be able to hit these well, but I surprised myself as well as my playing partners. I hit the ball far and more greens. 


THANKS TO MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE FOR GETTING ME A LIFE CHANGING GIFT.

Next up is my driver. Don't be surprise or say "WHAT?" but my good old dependable TaylorMade R7 Limited Edition 9.5 with Matrix X-CON shaft. It may seem outdated or old but I hit it well and long enough for my game. This season I have been hitting it longer than usual. Maybe it's my swing adjustment. I'll talk about my swing and upload a video for the readers to critic and comment on later this week.

 I get a distance from 240 to 300 yards. 300 yards was a drive on a 370 yards par 4 that for some reason I ended up half a sand wedge away. My playing partner had a golf gps and loudly stated I had driven that ball over 300 yards. I'm not going to complain but I'll just scratch my head and hopefully I can duplicate it again later in the season. But overall my driver gives me about 260-280 yards.

Next up are my wedges. I only have two for now a 56* and a 52* both Titleist Vokeys. I'm starting to hit my 56* really good and getting more distance from it, so i'm in the market looking for a 60* or 62* for those near the green flop or short distance approach. I have a hard time controlling my wedge in close proximity to the green, between 30-60 yards. 

My 52* is pretty consistent. I hit it about 115 yards. It's probably the only club I can get some spin on and get the ball to check up. I chip with it when I enough greens to work with. Its one of the clubs I have confident in hitting every time I pick it up from the bag.

FINALLY...Yes finally, my putter. The one and only club every golfer uses on every hole. Unless you get a nice chip in near the green or and unbelievable hole out from the fairways. My current putter is a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter. Its very short at about 34". Not really sure because I got it from my brother-in-law in a trade. I will try to get more information about my putter and do another write up. That's it folks!

Will post pictures of my bag later after my round.

Hit em' long and straight! 




No comments:

Post a Comment