Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I had a chance to play 9 holes today after work around 3pm. Went right in time and played in a foursome consisting of 4 singles. We had a 3-Handicap player in our group, that was pretty cool. His game definitely shows his handicap. He made a lot of putts inside 10ft, which I thought was incredible. He did use a belly putter, maybe that helped, but nonetheless great putts for pars. Shot a front nine score of 42. Which is not bad considering I only had 2 doubles and 4 bogeys. 4 bogeys, 2 of which were lip outs and the others were a roll short of a holed out. One of my better 9 holes. It helps to play with someone better than you.

So I found about the weekly MSGA (Maine State Golf Association) tournaments. I'm thinking about playing in a few after I obtain my GHIN handicap. From what I hear its pretty much a little taste of real competitive golfing. Joining all these clubs and memberships are costing a bundle. But if you want a taste of the competitive side of the game, you will have to pay the dues!

I'm also contemplating on joining the Wednesday night match play league at my club (Nonesuch River Golf Club). Just want to play a competitive and meaningful match once a week. This looks like it maybe the answer for that itch.

I took some pictures of today's round. So here they are.
First Par 5, 3rd Hole

Not a good place to be if you have a slice on your second shot.

This is common in Maine. Wild turkey.

Nasty Par 3, 6th Hole. We had the green surrounded!

That's my bag. Cleaned them Irons for some rest until Friday.
I will try to capture some photos of each round I play, that's if I remember to pack the camera. Cell phone camera kinda suck when lighting is an issue. Hopefully soon I can get an update swing video for my readers to criticize and tear apart, which I welcome with open arms.

Blog you laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment